Just wanted to touch base and remind everyone of my studio policies. There was some recent confusion but I always want to be honest and clear. Different photographers do things differently but it’s important to know how I work and the rules I have set in place so I can run a fair and successful business.
When you book and place your retainer, you agree to my terms and policies and this information can be found under my investment tab.
information & policies
- A non-refundable retainer must be paid asap before being placed on the photographers calendar. Final balance due at session. Please give as much notice as possible if you need to cancel and I will do my best to reschedule as the calendar allows. If no show to a session without notice, then you forfeit your deposit and will have to pay an additional deposit to reschedule.
- I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone.
- No refunds after gallery has been proofed and products have been sent to the printer.
- 50% fee for rush orders
- Please write down your session date and time.
- If having to travel outside of the Midland/Odessa area, a $ 0.75 per mile charge will be added to invoice.
- I do not guarantee any poses or number of images you will receive in your gallery. Every person is different, and including babies so photo sessions will be customized to person’s and baby’s personality. Some babies like being posed and will sleep the whole time, some do not. I will deliver a minimum of 20 images but could be more depending on how well the shoot goes.
- Turn around time to have images edited is an average of 3 weeks. When I start your gallery is close to being complete I will contact you to schedule your in person gallery viewing and print consultation.
- If an on location venue requires any fees, the client is responsible to pay and book.
- Please notify me within 2 days after gallery is live of any defects or changes desired.
- Sales tax will be added to invoices at 8.25%
- Online galleries will be available for 30 days after the gallery goes live since I can only have so many pictures uploaded on the website at one time. A $25 fee will be required if the gallery needs to be re-activated.
- If you would like a customized session, via crochet outfits, customized handmade backdrops… please give me at least 2 weeks notice so I can locate vendors to fulfill the need.
- If printing outside of my lab (like Walgreens or CVS) I cannot guarantee the quality. I do guarantee the quality of my lab prints.
- I have a zero tolerance policy about trash and messes in the studio and on location. If I catch anyone destroying/vandalizing property I reserve the right to end the photo shoot and no refunds will be given.
- Best time to book maternity is 32 weeks + and you can book your newborn appointment as soon as you know the due date. I place you on the calendar on your due dat and then schedule the actual session after notice that baby has been born and is healthy. Newborn photo’s are best photographed before baby turns 14 days old but I will not turn away any job because baby is “too old”.
- Please back up your downloads and USB’s in a safe place. Additional USB’s are $100.
- All my photographs are subject to copyright law Title 17 of the U.S. Code (US Copyright Act). None of my pictures may be reproduced, used for displayed, distributed, or create derivative works without my express written consent. I do hold the right to use the photographs for portfolio and marketing purposes unless another agreement has been made.